Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome to the Book Pile!

Welcome to Auntie Karen's Book Pile, a brand new blog about books for children. There is always a great big pile of books for children in my house. There's a pile on my dresser, a pile on my coffee table in the living room, a pile on my bedside table, a pile in whatever bag I'm carrying that day, and always two or three piles on the trunk at the end of my bed. This doesn't even count the piles on the bookshelves.

So it's time I shared some of the pile with other people. Join me to hear about books I think you should know about.

Maybe you're a parent looking for a good book for your child. Maybe you're a teen trying to figure out what to read next. Maybe you're someone who has to buy another baby-shower gift. Maybe, like me, you're an aunt. Someone who gets to offer all kinds of fun and love to children who live with your siblings or friends - the very best kinds of kids, I think.

A lot of people ask me for recommendations for their kids. I hope this blog will help.

Whoever you are and why ever you are here - I hope you'll like reading about books I think are just great. There are a lot, so check back often. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to some GREAT recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxiously awaiting great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, Karen! I feel the same way about my job as tia--my older niece already knows that the best way to get me to want to hang out with her is to hold up a book and ask me to read, and I hope her baby sister will learn that too. But I also kind of hate you for starting this blog, because I have a feeling my to-read list is about to get even bigger. :-p

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete